Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HTML links  (Read 18145 times)

Astoria

Intermediate

Re: HTML links
    « Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
    the problem that i am having is that the "name" side of the link highlights when the mouse hovers over it like all my other links. Is there any way to stop this so that the text is normal?

In my browsers (IE7 and FF), the "name" side of the link already shows up as normal text.

If in your browser(s) the "name" side does show as hyperlinks, simply change:

Code: [Select]
    <a name="lager">Lager</a>

into:

Code: [Select]
    <a name="lager"></a>Lager

@soybean: I do assume that the "name" side appears as normal text in your browser as well?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »
    @soybean: I do assume that the "name" side appears as normal text in your browser as well?
    Yes.  It's normal text, in bold since he does have bold coded in to his file.

1Pman

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
      I should have noted that i have an external css page with "a.hover" attribute which adds effects to all the links. The problem is "not" with the click able links in the top portion of the document. It takes place after you click the link in the top and are directed to the paragraph in the document. If i run my mouse over the text it acts as a link but is and as it highlights but i do not want them to. you can view the complete page at the following:

torch.cs.dal.ca/~probinson/job1.html

this is a school assignment i have been working on.

thanks for all the help and sorry for any misunderstandings....

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
      I think your solution is in some text I extracted from www.sedbtac.org/ed/training/webaccess/SampleContent_CSS.doc :

To apply a specialized style from the CSS to text in the webpage
      1.   Provide the desired HTML element and text. For this example, a paragraph of "Be sure to complete the assignment before class!".
      2.   Apply the style in one of three ways dependent on what effect is desired:
      • Use "class" within the HTML element to apply the style to the whole element. For example: 
        <p class="notetext">Be sure to complete the assignment before class!</p>.
      • Use the <span> tag and "class" to apply the style to specific text or an instance. For example:   
        <p>Be sure to <span class="notetext">complete the assignment</span> before class!</p>.
      • Use the <div> tag and "class" to apply to multiple text or an area.
        For example:
        <div class="notetext"><p>Homework: Read Chapter 1</p><p>Be sure to complete the assignment before class!<p><div>.