Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can only open 1 website at a time  (Read 19775 times)

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Can only open 1 website at a time
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »
Tango, did you try the control panel way?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »
OK. I can see one option only. You install free version of ScreenHunter: http://wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm, and you provide us with a screenshot of what you have there.

tango514

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »
    Broni, et all:  I’m going to bed now, almost afraid to do anything.  But tomorrow a very computer savvy friend is coming over.  I’m going to have him read ALL of this thread, and we’ll take it from there.

Later.   I’ll be back.  Not giving up yet.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Computer Help Forum
    « Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
    Ask him to post that screenshot for us....night :)

tango514

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »
       ;D

OK, I’m back.  We fixed it.  Went into IE, Internet options, Tabs, Tabbed browser settings.  Clicked “open links from another program in a new window”, then clicked OK.   Now I can keep several programs and sites open simultaneously.

Note:  I’ve used the Internet Options window before, but I had been going there via the Control Panel.   I missed a post last night where Netjan had asked me about that.

Computer friend was in a hurry so we didn’t do the screen picture.  But, he said I should have no problem with doing that, so later I’m gonna try.  It’s just another good thing to know.  My computer, printer, etc. are just 6 wks old and even though I’ve been using computers and the Internet for a long time, I’m still a little afraid to mess something up.  I bought a 22” flat screen monitor – a real beauty.  I also have a visual impairment, and when Computer friend set my equipment up we made some adjustments to make things easier for me to see.

Anyway, thanks everyone.  Sorry if I sounded frustrated; sometimes online communications come across differently than one intends them to.  I’ll keep this board in my favs and come again when I need help OR just to read threads and learn things, and earlier today I recommend this site to a friend.  The tenacity of the experts is impressive. heh heh  :)

Have a good day.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
      I'm glad, your problem got fixed  ;D

neljan

Adviser

• Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »
      Anyway, thanks everyone.  Sorry if I sounded frustrated; sometimes online communications come across differently than one intends them to.

Your welcome, all the best.