Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 computers & 2 non-connects, 1 working, all on same network  (Read 4379 times)

femgirl

Topic Starter

2 computers & 2 non-connects, 1 working, all on same network
    « on: March 10, 2008, 02:49:13 AM »
    I have 3 PCs, 1 modem, 1 wired/wirelss (same) router, and 3 NETGEAR HDX101 Powerline HD Ethernet Adapters

First PC connected via LAN wire to router works fine, no issues
    2 & 3 are in another room, connected via HD ethernet adapters. 
    2 & 3 were working fine until today.  Both of them are for internet usage and Piratesonline game playing.  I'm wondering if this game has affected 2 & 3 as 1 does not play games. 
    Earlier today, game were not connecting for both computers, and it's been downhill from there.
    Now they are both having the same issues.   

I have tried to search the forums here and find answers, but have not had success.  After many tries, they both SAY they are online, and connected.  But I am able to surf about 2 sites, VERY slowly, until they go kaput.  For example, BOTH do this:  everything takes about 30sec to 1 min to access each page - go to yahoo, access mail, open mail, click on first thing inside inbox, error no access page.

I shut down, power cycle modem and router, power cycle HD adapters, start computers, ipconfig /release, ip config /renew.  Systems both show they are online, but can access nothing.

I've also tried scanning for viruses and have changed my network group and computer names, as that has helped in the past.

HELP!

mr_skipper24

Beginner

Re: 2 computers & 2 non-connects, 1 working, all on same network
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:06:10 PM »
      have you tried changing the card speed of the NIC card

femgirl

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
        How do you check or change the card speed of the NIC card?

mr_skipper24

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:22:53 PM »
          1. right click on the LAN (local area connection) and select properties
          2. click on the configure tab
          3. then click on the adavance tab
          4. look for the media type then change value from the list