Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite 4005cds - win 98 TMOUSE (01) error when booting up  (Read 4461 times)

sriehn2008

Topic Starter

TMOUSE (01) and a long numerical/test string that tells me the mouse will not load. 

Therefore, I restart laptop in safe mode where only the Accupoint mouse works.  I check the device mgr. and a PS/2 mouse is reflected in Com 1

Do I need to remove the PS/2 from the device mgr.?  I am afraid if I do, I may have problems with the Accupoint mouse not reading.   

By the way, Accupoint only works in safe mode.  I cannot get it to work in normal.  Therefore, I am in a catch 22 where I cannot add new hardware and I am stuck with only being able to be in safe mode to even use the computer.

Help!  Frustrated - I just want to clear up mouse issue so I can reboot in normal mode and add a com 1 port mouse that will work.
    I do not have my win 98 startup disk or toshiba recovery.  How do I get what I need to fix the problem.?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced