Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nero  (Read 2148 times)

rockstar4cs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Nero
    « on: March 09, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »
    I just got a new LG multi drive burner with nero software. Its working good but I was wondering what would I go into to burn a DVD that works on most DVD players. Theirs so many things I'm alittle confused on what I should click to burn a DVD to play on a DVD player. I'm using some 16X disks can anyone help me?

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Nero
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »
      If you got Nero StartSmart there should be an option called "Make your own DVD-video" (or something to that effect).
      This can convert most movie formats to a DVD playable in most standalone DVD players.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »
        Look at the top if it says cd change it to cd/dvd so that you can make both or just set it to dvd to lessin the confusing.  Go and have your mouse hover over the film photo icon.  Click make your own dvd-video as this works in most dvd players.  16x is the speed it can be burned and read, I think.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

NOT ADMIN :P

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:17:23 PM »
          correct that is the disk speed.

After you go into the make your own DVD option click add your own video files (or something similar, im at work and dont have the software, it is the 2nd or 3rd option down the list on your left)

Then you click [...] or [browse] and select the video file/s you wish to encode for dvd.

You may have to have a dvd-r to burn for your dvd player.

In AUS we have to use dvd-r to burn for PAL encoded dvd's (this is only because of our TVs and dvd players)

I believe you (americans?) use NTSC but you can use either dvds, i think.