Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help please  (Read 10106 times)

11victory11

Topic Starter

Rookie

help please
    « on: March 25, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »
    how do i make it so the batch file will start at boot ,and how to i make it so that the batch file wiill make a txt file where the location of the batch is

11victory11

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: help please
      « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »
      so...

Deerpark

Egghead
        « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »
        With the huge amount of information you've provided I'm not really surprised no one has responded to you yet.
        Read this:
        http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33325.0.html
        More information on what exactly the script should do would also be very helpful.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

11victory11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
          ok we'll you would of been help full if you could of just told me the problem, cause when ever i search something i never find it , so instead of the sarcasm cant you just tell me, if you have the time to read and reply to the post, just help a brother out... please just help me instead of different links.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
          Cannot help you unless you supply information..
          One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

11victory11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »
            ok..well here is what i need, for the creating a txt,
            after the echo "say hello" i want it to create a test file called Hello and in it just have it say " hello me"
             and for the second thing im just wondering is there a way for the batch code to start when the computer starts up, like when the computer is fully loaded and to the main window

Dusty

Egghead

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »
            You obviously didn't read the message at the link supplied by DeerPark so here are some extracts...

List as much about your computer as possible. This includes operating system (what version of Windows you are using), service packs, computer make/model, RAM, hard drive, sound and video cards, current adware/spyware/virus programs being used on a regular basis, do you have a "real" Windows CD, etc.

Post in the appropriate forum. Do not start a thread in "Programming" if you need help with a specific program. That would go in "Software". If you post in the DOS forum please specify if it is "real DOS" and what version or some sort of Command Prompt from with Windows, and what version of Windows. There are differences some subtle, and some very important. These tips ensure that the people most likely to help will see your posts.

Realize that this is a volunteer forum. Don't expect instant solutions to all of your problems or be abusive to those who try to help. We donate our time as we can. If you want to pay $75+ an hour for support, there are plenty of repair shops that can and will take your money.  We cannot see your machine. We can only suggest based on the pertinent data you post. Again, more is better. Too little is pointless.

You cannot give too much information about the system. Withholding information seldom solves a problem quickly, if at all. Please don't expect us to drag information out of YOU to solve YOUR problem.

So what is it, a desktop/laptop/notebook?  Standalone MS-Dos, Win 3.1 or Vista.

Dias de verano

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »
            This really really does sound like homework. I get the feeling a lot of schools have just started computer classes in the last week or two.

Dusty

Egghead

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:27:42 AM »
            This really really does sound like homework.

In that case - sayonara.

Thanks

11victory11

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »
              This really really does sound like homework. I get the feeling a lot of schools have just started computer classes in the last week or two.

home work what kinda school does this, im only 16, this is no homework this is for my me only

Hedonist

Intermediate

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »
                11victory11. these guys have lined up to try to help you.  they've given you their time for free and I'm sure would have also have given you the answers you want for free but you have ignored their requests for information which is necessary in order to ensure their answers are correct, or as near to correct as can be.  What's wrong with telling your willing helpers what pc you are using and what the operating system is and how your batch file will be used etc...???

You're very hard to understand, you call for help then ignore requests for information which is necessary to help you.

Dias de verano

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 01:14:38 AM »
                Some people are very hard to help. Complaining about the help ypu're getting like this person did puts people off helping. Especially since he could have found this out by a simple Google search.