Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!  (Read 23513 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Gaming PC Error NEW CLUES!
    « Reply #90 on: March 24, 2008, 05:33:19 AM »
    You'll not notice much, if any of a difference between 2.8 and 3.0GHz. If it's compatible with your system though and you can afford the extra twenty wouldn't hurt.

Thanks I wasn't sure if I would be able to really tell or not.  I have one or order should be sent out this evening.  Should get it about Friday then.  So till then.  But the drive was showing the exat same problems as the 300 something is deffiently wrong that I dont know.  Do you think the RAM?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »
      My RAM wouldn't cause this?  Could it?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #92 on: March 25, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
      As mentioned in the link I posted earlier a No POST could definitely also be caused by bad memory. However, with the defective (bent pin) CPU I'd lean more towards that first.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »
        It post with the RAM an every thing.  But its the only thing I havent tested.  My 2350 uses the same RAM so I'll see if thats not it as soon as I get the CPU.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »
          Okay I got a new pent 4 which I'll put in know an post back after I test the RAM

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »
            I put in the CPU changed the Ram.  Went to start it up then the same thing happened an it wont post.  Yes I put the CPU in and heatsink an sink greas but it still wont start the lights come on then go off.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Computer Hope
            « Reply #96 on: March 28, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »
            Verify all your connections are correct, may even want to re-do them all. If still nothing, try stripping the board down to just CPU / RAM / MB no expansion cards or drives to see if you can at least get a POST.
            Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
            -Albert Einstein

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2008, 06:09:52 AM »
              Okay so I did just that.  Still shut off right when I hit power.  So I took out the RAM an it didnt beep.  Dont say I need a board.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2008, 07:17:52 AM »
                So then the board is at fault as well. ???

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »
                  I'm going to try my old board once I get back so PAtio an you others now.  If all else I gusse that I will have to spend about 80 dollars more.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2008, 05:48:31 AM »
                    Okay so I went to try the old board but theres a few problems.  I went to take the chip out of the current board an apperantly it created a vacum between the heatsink an the chip cause I had to pry it off but the chips okay.  Know I looked at the old board cause I couldn't get the chip to go in.  An noticed a pin stuck in the board leading to why I mite have had problems.  I'm using a needle to try an remove the pin.  But would I be able to use a magnet instead?  Without hurting anything.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
                      I was able to remove the pin using the needle.  It appeared to have snaped off the prossor completely like where the pin was put into the chip.  I tested the board an I think that was the only problem with it as it beeps.  Also, I'm getting some help with the HD problem let you guys know how it goes should get a reply tommorow afternoon.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2008, 03:02:54 PM »
                        Well the board works for what I know

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »
                          Is a flag going to come out?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                            • Yes
                            • Yes
                            • Computer Hope
                          « Reply #104 on: March 31, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
                          Locking this topic. If you have further questions or problems please create a new thread.
                          -Albert Einstein