Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Iconix eMail ID  (Read 5878 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Iconix eMail ID
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:14:25 PM »
Works with your current email service such as AOL mail, AIM mail,
Yahoo! mail, Windows Live Hotmail, Gmail, Earthlink, Outlook Express
(all on IE or Firefox). Iconix eMail ID double checks the source of a
message to make sure it's not a spoof. It then uses a simple visual
indicator in your inbox -- a gold lock with a checkmark to show that a
message is real.
http://www.iconix.com/

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Iconix eMail ID
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »
Not knowing a lot about the service I'm a little cautious as I still think it would be possible to spoof the Domain Keys and Sender ID and with the user having a potential false sense of security it may cause them to fall for a fake e-mail. Reading through how it works though seems pretty secure but nothing is full proof.

I really dislike the whole idea though that if I wanted to use such a service I'd have to pay for every user who sees the icon in their e-mail client. I could understand someone like Paypal and eBay enjoying this. But would hate for the future of e-mail to become dependent on something like this and for small companies such as Computer Hope or websites with newsletters to be untrusted simply because they can't afford a program like this.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein