Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard disk space unalllocated  (Read 2882 times)

Darmak

Hard disk space unalllocated
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:01:58 AM »
I have a Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM - WD1200JB, which i have been using as a backup drive.  Basically all 120GB has been used.  I havent had the HDD in my comp for last few week (kept in HDD caddy), now last night when I put the HDD back in my comp it was not recognized in my computer. I checked under disk management and the drive now says unallocated.
Tried in another comp same problem.

Any idea how how to fix this??????? cant see how 120gb data on a drive could just go unallocated.

Thanks

Rules_Twin

Re: Hard disk space unalllocated
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:21:43 PM »
Im having the same problem with the same hard drive. I have yet to find a fix for this. If you do please make a post here about it so I can try to fix mine.

I cant believe this....its the same hard drive and everything. Now if you tell me you have a HP computer I might fall out of my chair.

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Hard disk space unalllocated
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:56:16 PM »
    hello friend, how are you? Make sure that the hard disk is on "Master". Then goto BIOS setup and load the company's default settings. Then boot your PC.
                                    OR
    Try the same hard disk as "Slave" with some other one.

Hope this will solve your problem.
    Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    Dur-E-Wahab
    do take care of you and others