Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista User Accounts  (Read 3083 times)

Sachin

Vista User Accounts
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
Hello everybody,

I have some questions about creating accounts in Windows, in Vista in particular.  I have never created user accounts in Windows before and so some of my questions might be a bit basic.  My problem is that I have a single administrator account which is the account I use daily and no other accounts.  What I want is an additional account that is either a standandard or a guest account.  I need this because a friend's son likes to play online games on my computer and I don't want him accidently deleting a file or installing a virus or anything like that.  I turned on the guest account feature in Vista and ran into a few problems.  It seems that none of the software that I installed via the administrator account is available here.  They are available in that you can click on the icon but nothing comes up.  While this is totally fine from my point of view this makes me think of two problems:

1. If a game is a Java game and even if I have Java installed does this mean that my friend's son won't be able to play it?
2. Even though I have zone alarm installed does this mean that the guest account won't be protected by it?

Furthermore, I actually went to a site I know he goes to and found that the games there are Flash games.  However, I was able to play them with my administrator account by not theguest account.  This leads me to more questions:

3. How do I allow the guest account to play these Flash games in the safest way?
4. Would I be better off with a standard account for him?
5. If the answer to question 5 is yes then how do I configure that in the safest way?

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks

Sachin