Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card  (Read 2582 times)

benyly

Topic Starter

Starter

Sound Card
    « on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »
    I recently installed Windows XP on my hard drive and am dual-booting with that and the latest release of Ubuntu. Windows XP has been unable to detect my sound card, which has been working fine under Ubuntu.

I read through this guide but none of it seems to help. When I try to delete the items under sound, video and game controllers, for instance, I can't. There are two "other devices" listed, however, a multimedia audio controller and a VGA compatible video controller. I can't find the drivers for either of these devices, though.

Intel Pentium 4, 915 Express Chipset Family
    I don't know how to figure out what kind of sound card I have.

benyly

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Sound Card
      « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »
      Any help?

skykaptain

Beginner
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 07:24:34 AM »
        Do you have a sound CARD or on board audio? The multimedia audio controller is most likely the sound card, does it have a yellow question mark next to it in the device manager? When you  mean you can't find driver for the devices do you mean online, from the manufactures site, from the CD that came with it, or when XP does the automatic search for the drivers?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »
        Without more info on the machine i doubt we would be able to find a driver either...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

benyly

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:24:02 AM »
          Do you have a sound CARD or on board audio? The multimedia audio controller is most likely the sound card, does it have a yellow question mark next to it in the device manager? When you  mean you can't find driver for the devices do you mean online, from the manufactures site, from the CD that came with it, or when XP does the automatic search for the drivers?
          Well, there doesn't seem to be a card. Audio devices plug into a little silver 'foxconn' box at the back of the computer.

There is a yellow question mark, and I mean I am unable to figure out the manufacturer and so I can't find it myself, and XP can't find it during an automatic search. :/
          Without more info on the machine i doubt we would be able to find a driver either...
          What kind of information do you require?

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
          DLoad, install and run Everest Home from here...FREE.
          Run a report and save it as a text file.
          Post the "Computer Summary" portion here and we'll have you fixed up in 2 shakes of a Lamb's tail...

benyly

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »
            DLoad, install and run Everest Home from here...FREE.
            Run a report and save it as a text file.
            Post the "Computer Summary" portion here and we'll have you fixed up in 2 shakes of a Lamb's tail...
            Thanks, I used that program and was able to find the drivers myself. :)

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:52:28 AM »
            Good Job and Welcome Aboard !