Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: phyisical memory  (Read 2003 times)

sligster

phyisical memory
« on: April 14, 2008, 06:07:33 AM »
i noticed in my system information(running vista home premium) that my total phyiscal memory was 1.525.50 gb and my available phyisical memory was only 723.07 gb.my question- there must be a way of recovering some of that memory can anyone shed some light on this subject for me and mabey there is a software program for me to try.any sugestions would be greatly appreciated,thx sligster

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: phyisical memory
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
1525 mb is the amount of installed ram and 723mb is the amount of ram left over from the system using what it needs.
To free up some of it, you would have to turn off some services or delete some startup programs in msconfig. (hit Win+R, and type msconfig)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
Vista will use almost everything available...it handles RAM differently than in the past.
Are you having any issues ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
    I would also add a stick of RAM so that it doesnt start using HardDrive space just in case.  Cause then it will cause the HD to go bad.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
    If this were true all Windows machine would have dead hard drives as all versions of Windows use a swapfile...
     ::)
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "