Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Satellite CD/DVD issue  (Read 2222 times)

MattDeepa

Toshiba Satellite CD/DVD issue
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite P105-S6114 running XP. For the year that I've had it it has run great.  As of lately I haven't been able to use a CD in the DVD-R drive.  The CD tray opens, I put a CD into it, it tries to read it( I see the light turn on and hear the cd spin) but it just stops and won't recognize it.  I try to open it in "My Computer" but it just prompts me to insert a cd into the drive.  I don't know what happened in the past month to make this happen.  The catch is this.....  It will play a DVD just fine.  It recognizes it and plays it right away.  I updated the driver and even deleted the driver and started fresh.  Nothing worked. Has anyone ever heard of this?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

DukeIcewalker

Rookie

• Saved!
    Re: Toshiba Satellite CD/DVD issue
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:51 PM »
    Could be the particular CD you put in there.

However, I once had a gateway laptop need a replacement Drive put in.  Maybe someone else has a better idea.
    Seeing is Believing
    and believing is seeing
    if you believe it you can see it
    if you saw it, do you think you could believe it?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Toshiba Satellite CD/DVD issue
    « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »
    Some drives have a seperate laser for CD and DVD functions and also burning...sounds like a shot laser.
    Still under warranty ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "