Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless not available in Compaq Presario V2000  (Read 5756 times)

authementyjq

Topic Starter

Rookie

Wireless not available in Compaq Presario V2000
    « on: April 26, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »
    Hi I just bought a compaq presario V2004AP recently. Its OS is Windows Xp. I tried to connect to my 2Wire modem but when I type my password and try to connect it, nothing seems to happen and it will display the
    message " Wireless connection 2 One or more networks are available. To see a list of available network click here." What's happening? Please help!

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: Wireless not available in Compaq Presario V2000
      « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »
      Is this AT&T? If so:Normally AT&T will set up the SSID and the WEP key for you. You just have to make sure you get the WEP key entered correctly. One important thing is to check your local area connection and make sure it'll automatically obtain an ip address. Just go to control panel > network connections, right click "local area connection" and go to properties. Highlight the "internet protocol" entry in that box, and click properties. Verify that both IP and DNS are set to obtain automatically. If that's set, and you have your WEP key in correctly, it should work. If not, AT&T may be able to help or hang around and Broni, Patio or some other smart person will be by.
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

authementyjq

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:37:29 PM »
        My network is currently singnet and not at&t and i also check the settings that you have just said and all have been set to what you have said and it still does not work.

midsail

Hopeful
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
          one simple ?,  have u set up your wireless router correctly SSID, password, etc. Also what kind of wireless router r u using?