Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: forgot my password to login to windows xp  (Read 6663 times)

bobbyseal

forgot my password to login to windows xp
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »
I forgot my password to login to windows xp

Is there anyway to login ?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: forgot my password to login to windows xp
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »
How do people forget their passwords to Windows? There must be some epidemic that causes amnesia.

Ivy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:51:09 PM »
I got my card just a few days back, but its amazing, I have cracked a million codes by now.
Anyway ...............

french2781

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:23:35 PM »
    I have also forgoten my password. As an explanation, it is an older computer of mine and I did change it shortly before not using it anymore. So is there a way to get in, codebreaker? I have a ton of Photos and programs I would not like to lose. Please someone have an answer.

french2781

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »
      I guess I should also put in my laptop is a Gatway running Windows XP.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »
        Please start your own theard if nessary.  We are not required to gove out information like this.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

dream2b617

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
          all u have to do is press f8 at start up to get to the safemode feature. Once u get there u can go to settings and find security settings. There u can change or delete passwords. Once u do that turn the computer off and reboot regularly. Now you should have either a new password or not have a password at all.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »
            You'll probably need the password in order to not have one
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

cryhelp

Hopeful
            • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
              « Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 06:36:35 PM »
              OK that is funny.  ;D
              "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »
              How do people forget their passwords to Windows? There must be some epidemic that causes amnesia.

The same affliction that causes expensive Program CD's to go missing as well....
              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

quaxo

Guru
                • Yes
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Guru
              « Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 07:53:37 AM »
              Now, I once misplaced a Windows CD, couldn't find it for a month and found out I had just put it in the wrong case. I've had clients who didn't realize the importance of recovery CDs and misplaced them. But a Windows password? Something you use every time you turn on or restart the computer. Any request for such a thing is always suspicious to me. And I don't buy the "my kid changed it and doesn't remember now" story either. That "kid" better start thinking!

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:37:20 AM »
              I got 30 PM's from someone who "mis-placed" their AutoCad CD's......imagine just casually misplacing something that's worth over $800.00                    ::)
              " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "