Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bizarre Internet Explorer Behavior  (Read 4035 times)

Mfoxx5528

Topic Starter

Beginner

• The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
    Bizarre Internet Explorer Behavior
    « on: April 29, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
    I will try to make sense of this........last night I installed my new Dell XPS420 computer, installed the DSL modem and started surfing with IE 7.  Everything was great until this morning when my wife gets on the machine to check the bank accounts. 

When she goes to 1 of our bank sites, IE goes there but immediatly redirects to a search site.  All other sites are fine but this one.............any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks Everyone!!
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:11:23 AM by Mfoxx5528 »
    Drive Monkey Drive!!

Soriano

Greenhorn

Re: Bizarre Internet Explorer Behavior
      « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 05:23:05 PM »
      Are any other sites being randomly redirected in this same fashion?  What type of search site are we talking about?  Is this a reputable site (I doubt it) or is it pointing you to some Joe Blow webiste?  I would suggest running anti viral and spy ware software and be careful logging into your bank site until you pin down the problem (don't want to hand someone your account PW).  See if your able to log into the bank site from another PC without the redirect occurring.

saf-beagle

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »
        Hi guys,

Mfoxx, place the url to your bank here. No joke. If we get re-directed too. Then it's not your system. Just a test...

~SAF-b
        " Cognition and speech are directly related to intelligence, lying and fantasy"- S.F.

Mfoxx5528

Topic Starter

Beginner

• The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves
          « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »
          Hey guys thanks for the replies.  I went to the house last night and I turned off the Windows Firewall and placed the url in the allow sites for the pop up blocker and it works now.  Bizarre how XP Firewall allowed the site but with this new Vista crap OS Firewall it doesn't.  Looks like I will be going back to good ol Zone Alarm!!!

Thanks Again Guys!!!
          Drive Monkey Drive!!

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
          Good going :)