Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: vista login password forgotten  (Read 4159 times)

wellfunder

Topic Starter

vista login password forgotten
    « on: May 02, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »
    I am in Montreal my daughter is in the UK.  She has a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and has recently changed her login password and has now forgotten it!  She is in the middle of her University exams and desperate to access her word files.  My first time user of this type of service and I would appreciate any help.

cryhelp

Hopeful
    • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
      Re: vista login password forgotten
      « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »
      Hi; there is at least one post a day about forgotten pass words.  So far I have not seen anyone try to help with passwords.  I am sure yours is legit and you could probably contact Dell and solve the problem.  Good luck.
      "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

wellfunder

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »
        Thanks, she solved it by downloading a commercial programme: it worked like a dream.

cryhelp

Hopeful
        • Only the educated are free=Epictetus
          « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »
          That's great, I am glad it worked out for you. ;D
          "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education"  Mark Twain

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
          Yeah, sorry we couldn't be of more help. Typically, none of the members will help with this regardless of the story. No way to tell who we're helping get back into their own computers and who we're helping to get into someone else's computer. Glad you got it sorted out anyway.