Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will NOT Bootup!  (Read 35281 times)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Will NOT Bootup!
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »
If you got CCleaner, just run it, and follow other steps.
One step at a time, as I said earlier, please.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2008, 06:16:58 AM »
    Ok, I went and read the instructions.  Didn't understand about 99% of them, but I read them none the less.

So I cleaned and followed your instructions.

Computer is still not installing updates.  It tries and then it locks up and won't finish shuting down.

If I click on the little icon and click install updateds, it tries and then it says following updates were not installed.  At this time it's trying to install Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1.

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
    Here's a good place to start troubleshooting Windows Update failures:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2008, 09:08:37 AM »
      Hey Pal, what's up today?

I had googled windows installer 3.1 and from what I'm reading, there has/is a problem installing it.
      Could this be the problem and not with my computer?  I'll follow the link you gave and read what I can, but I'm not all that smart on figuring out how to install it if if comes to doing something other then just clicking install.

Also, I have a couple of other issues that have come up since this whole thing started.

#1 Things seem to be running a bit slower then they used to.  This includes my browser. 
      #2 When I am d/l and/or installing things, I noticed that the computer now keeps reading the A drive.  It has never done that before.  I've d/l and installed several things and it keeps doing that. 

#3 This is not recent, but I've had this for awhile.  I can't find the things I have installed.  You know how after you install a program or something and it is supposed to be in Start/Programs Menu?
      Well, it says new programs installed, but I don't see them anywhere.  I am not able to find them to click on them.  It's like the place is full and it will  no longer take any more.  I hope I am making myself clear.  There are like 75 programs (not including submenus) in there.  I try not to allow desktop icons because I don't use my desktop.  I always have it show ONLY the background.  I always make a quick launch icom.  But I still would like to find them in my start/programs section.

And thanks again for all the help.  I am glad we are finally getting to the last of all this. 

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »
        Ok, here is a prime example:

I went to find my windows update/microsoft update and there is none.  I do a search and I have a ton of shortcuts, but I can't find the actuall file anywhere (other then where the search finds it in windows folder).

Meanwhile I close out the search and it once agains reads from the A drive.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »
          Makes ya go hmmmm

Well there seems to be no solution to my problem.  I went to the microsoft website and couldn't find anything that said what mine says.  Mine isn't really an error message, it just says the following:

Some updates could not be installed

The following updates were not installed
          Microsoft windows Installer 3.1

It has on occasion went through the process, but it always comes back that it didn't install.

So maybe there is a manual way to install it.  If so, guess what?  Yep!, your the expert here. 
          So I'm waiting for your help to install this. 

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #156 on: June 04, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
          woodworks...
          This is how it works, if you want to fix any computer...
          1. Patience.
          2. One thing at a time.
          Any other way = waste of time, yours, and ours.

We just made sure, your computer is clean.
          We fixed your Task Manager problem.
          If we advice you to read some instructions, you read them.
          Do not complain, you can't understand, because, for instance, CCleaner manual is pretty easy to follow, and from this whole thread, I can see you're not totally computer un-savvy.
          If you don't want to spend 30 minutes to read something, do not complain, things don't want to work.
          Then, we're all volunteers, we work, we eat, we have families, so don't expect any reply in 911 manor.
          It won't happen.

You try one solution, regarding updates, posted by Saviour.
          It didn't work, and you're already starting to cry....what am I gonna do...it doesn't want to work, blah, blah, blah.
          Instead of being a cry-baby, how about some appreciation for all people involved in this thread, huh?

This is just me. If I feel, that someone's behavior is little bit out of line, I'll tell, and I just did.
          Vented out enough, let's go back to business.

As for Windows updates, try some other solutions:
          http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?p=357033#post357033 - post #6
          http://discussions.virtualdr.com/showthread.php?t=226582 - post #8

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »
            Now let me vent!!!

Take your attitude somewhere else!
            If you talked that way to my face you wouldn't be standing.

I will respect anyone and everyone untill I'm disrespected and you just crossed that line. 

I have spent more then 30 minutes reading. And don't you dare get like your so friggin better then me.  Read when that post was written.  I have spent this whole day on here looking for a solution to this problem.  I haven't  cried about any *censored* thing and I totally resent your attitude and accusations!!!
            Go back and read the post's I've written.  More then once I have stated my thanks and appreciation!!!  In fact, read the fourth post back!!!  What was the last thing I said?!!!

Now if you want to *censored* up and cop an attitude with me and not helpl me, then I can't do anything about that.  But what I can do, is put you in your place.  Once before you tried to cop an attitude with me and I won't stand for it.  More then once I have given you my gratitude.  And I will continue to do so untill you cop an attitude like you just have with me. 

As I said, I have done eveything I can to fix this problem.  I have even sent a request to microsoft asking if they can give me some insight into fixing this.  I have read everything you have told me to read.  And I have done everything you asked and in everything, I have said thank you and told you how much I appreaciated it. 

Now, what would you like to do sir?

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »
              hey cool it woodworks all we have tried to do is help you Broni is right the only person that has had an attitude is you

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »
                brett
                Back of and mind your own business

I have never had an attitude untill just now.

I don't take well to someone calling me a baby.  And as far as you go, you have never tried to help me.  And more then once I have told broni how much I appreciated him.

So I don't need you trying to jump in here acting like your mister joe cool!

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                « Reply #160 on: June 04, 2008, 06:12:42 PM »
                I tried to say what bothered me in rather polite manor, but your reply was simply rude.
                I'm out of this thread.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »
                  What you said and how you said it wasn't rude?

It was very rude!

If it wasn't rude, why do you think I reacted the way I did?  Because it was VERY rude!

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
                    no woodworks you've had an attitude all along and no I wil not back off when you are being a jerk to the people that you are helping you and quite frankly you are the cocky one. yeah buy treating everyone like crap I don't think so woodworks

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
                      What about you Saviour, are you going to take the same path Broni did, or are you willing to help me.

It's a shame that a lot of you people think the sun rise's and set's only for you.  Just because you have more the avarage knowledge about computers, you think we are at your beck and call.

I am so dis heartened by your attitudes.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »
                        Where can you give me even one post that I have treated anyone like crap?

Nowhere!