Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will NOT Bootup!  (Read 34496 times)

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Will NOT Bootup!
    « Reply #60 on: June 02, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
    So did you stop answering me completly???

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »
    No...

I have already given you my advice.  In my last post...I said I will give someone else the opportunity to respond.

Apparently, they must agree with me.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
      Doesn't mean they agree with you.

Let me update you.
      I have installed windows on my D drive.  I am not on the infected computer and need to have some help cleaning up the C drive.  Can or will you do that?  I have also asked Broni to help with this.  I don't see why you want to get upset because I would like to save what I can on the C drive.  Because I don't agree with reinstalling windows on the C drive, doesn't mean I deserve you not helping me.  Or anyone else for that matter. 
      ???

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »
        hey calm down saviour was trying to help and it seemed to me that you were the one that was getting all upset woodworks

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »
          Hey dude, don't tell me to calm down

I am NOT upset about anything!!!   Don't get on here and try and tell me I am.  I didn't say anthing about what he did to try and help me.  I said if I don't have to loose everything on C drive, then let's do everything we can to not loose it.  He got upset because I didn't want to reinstall windows.  Just go back and read and you can tell by the tone of the conversation. 

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
          Who said I was upset?

All I said was I had given you my advice and I was giving other members ample time to respond to see what they had to say.

Instead...you take it upon yourself to do everything but what I've recommended.  Now...if the shoe was on the other foot...what would you do?

Again...I'm not upset at all...I just feel I had gotten to the point where I was repeating myself...and you were not listening.

I've worked with Broni, as well...and he's very capable when it comes to malware infections...in fact...more than I.

So it was very wise of you to ask him for assistance since he has helped you in the past.

Again...I wish you nothing but the best...and I hope you get this nipped in the bud.

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
            I did read the whole thread i agree with saviour you have no other choice but to reinstall windows either on that drive or another one. He did the best he could do to help you. I also think that you were the one upset not him he was trying to help and like saviour and you my hdd was to infected that I had to go out and buy a new one and reinstall windows. and from what i read you already did that. what i would do is download antivirus software. and wait for broni to help you clean the c drive

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »
            If Windows has been installed on the D drive...I'd install an antivirus program and spyware program on the same drive.  Make sure the D drive is set as the boot drive...and boot into Windows.

After updating the malware software...use that software to scan the C drive.  If the malware finds any infections on the C drive, the malware should either repair it, delete it...or quarantine it.

Once this is done...set the boot drive to C and see if you're still experiencing the same issues with the drive.

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
              well said saviour I couldn't said it any better

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »
              well said saviour I couldn't said it any better

TY...brett74.

I'd like to see this resolved just as much as he would, to be quite honest.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
                SAVIOUR!!!

Didn't I just ask if we could do that a little while ago???????  

Buddy, you just don't get it.  That is all I asked you to help me with.  You may be right, we may not get it fixed, but you didn't want to even try.  Now there's no doubt that I'm in way over my head.  But I'm sure you know what your doing, so why not help me?  I already have spyware.  I can't get them to work.  Malwarebytes won't work and it won't reinstall.  Webroot won't work and I haven't been able to reinstall it as of yet.  I haven't tried yet.  As for the superantispyware, I ran it and it had a few.  I deleted them.  I have not tried to reboot on the C drive yet.  I don't even know if I should try yet.  So do you want to try and get through this with me or what???

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
                Are you booting from the D drive?

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
                  Yes I am.

woodworks

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »
                    By the way, should I stop long enough to try and reinstall webroot?  I just put it in and it said another version was running but I can't seem to get that version to work right.

And what about the malware?

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »
                    You need to install some malware protection on that drive...so you have something to use to scan the C drive with...okay?

You can either use an online scanner or install protection on the D drive and use it.

Which programs are you comfortable using?

If you're having problems with Webroot...let's forget about that one for the moment.  Download and install AVG Free antivirus and anti spyware.  Those are two separate programs.

Once you have them downloaded...save them to your desktop and install each one of them separately.  Make sure they are updated...and run a full system scan...on all drives...not just the C drive...okay?

Post back with your results, please.