Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook and MS Project query  (Read 1993 times)

Soiladmin

Outlook and MS Project query
« on: June 03, 2008, 03:02:59 AM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to use either Outlook, or MS Project to track progress and resource allocation across multiple projects here at work.

MS Project has the functionality we need, but seems to be geared around managing individual projects, one at a time.

I need to see comparative time lines and resource clashes, (personnel, plant and machinery etc) across 50+ simultaneous projects...!

I thought of tracking it in Outlook, creating a diary for each project, and sharing them all via the server, which would allow everyone to dip in and check whatever they need to see, but once again, I can't easily find away to bring them all together for a company wide overview, suitable for reporting & monthly board meetings.

Is this type of thing even possible in MS Office suite programs?...... We have had  few quotations for bespoke CRM / Workflow packages from a variety of vendors, but they are all far in excess of the budget I have to play with.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Andy