Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 98 stuck on SecondChance screen page  (Read 4358 times)

SQ80

Windows 98 stuck on SecondChance screen page
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »
I own a Windows 98 tower (built 3/2000 by Tiny, Pentium III 650 Mhz, 810 chipset, 128MB SDRAM, and 30 GB UDMA HDD) that I can't get out of this PowerQuest SecondChance Version 2.01 page.  It starts up and then freezes up.  Ctrl+Alt+Dlt just takes me back to it, as well as unplugging the computer.  I often employed SecondChance to buy me time with my Word program because it would only work for a few month before it, too, would freeze up.  Going as far back as I could with SecondChance allowed me to recapture time with the word processor (I don't remember that reinstalling Word helped here).  Over time, this threshold was reduced from months to weeks and now I can't even get back into the computer.  It is possible it has been tampered with.  Can I at least get to the document information that could be opened with Word on another computer?

Thank you for your consideration and any advice.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
    Re: Windows 98 stuck on SecondChance screen page
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:23:14 AM »
    You may need to do a repair installation, but you will need to put your hdd inanother computer as a slave and copy all of the files that you want