Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what driver?  (Read 10604 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: what driver?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 04:54:42 AM »
seems pretty good in some fps with graphics on almost high ones from like 05 and 06

Games have changed a bit since then. The X1050 (a.k.a. the Radeon 9550) doesn't support some new games, like Mass Effect and other games that require 3.0 shading.

I had a 9550 for a long time and found the ATI driver to be the best one to use. I never got better performace from custom drivers and this card.

computeruler

Topic Starter

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
so i should just stay with the driver from the cd or what ever and custom drivers wont make a difference?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
I didn't use any benchmarking software, but my eyes didn't notice any difference.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
Ignore the posted made

If you made any posts that didn't work out squall just delete them.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:01 PM »
    I should but too lazy to get around to it.  Will do it soon.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

donkeypunch

Greenhorn

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »
      3dguru is a great site for drivers. I would use the newest driver they have thats certified for your card, avoid betas. It easy to update drivers and its always best to have the latest ones as they help with newer games. I also wouldnt bother too much with modded drivers like Omega. You can try them but the gains are usually minimal if at all.