Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer keeps going offline  (Read 7307 times)

amber

Topic Starter

Computer keeps going offline
    « on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »
    In the past 2 weeks I will be on a website and suddenly I get a box in the middle of the page telling me to connect/dial to get online.  I have DSL through Verizon and no dial up.  When I go to File the Work Offline is checked.  I uncheck it and I am fine for a few minutes and then it happens again. This just started and I was wondering why.  I hesitate to call Verizon because I spend such a long time on the phone.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer keeps going offline
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »
    How are you connected to the internet? are you using a wireless router or using cable?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

amber

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:35:42 AM »
      I am using a Westell modem via an ethernet line run into my house on a separate phone line.  Verizon is my telephone service, and they also offer DSL.

Thanks!  Hope you can figure this out.    :D

Annon

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »
      Go to network places, and tell me how many connections you have running :)