Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: THIS QUESTION IS SO REDICULOUS ONLY I WOULD ASK  (Read 6930 times)

RUBY02

Topic Starter

Rookie

THIS QUESTION IS SO REDICULOUS ONLY I WOULD ASK
    « on: June 23, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
    SORRY I AM NEW, is this the list you search to find out if your question has been asked and if so do you go page to page (700+) of them.
    JUST IN CASE IT IS I HAVE A QUESTION I KNOW HAS NOT BEEN ASKED IT'S TOO MIND BOGGLING SOMEONE WOULD ASK.
    i have windows XP i am asked this many times which operating system do i have i never pick windows NT.  i was told in the MS-dos forum i have it
    could someone elaborate if given the option to choose what system you have and the choices are
    windows XP
    another being
    windows NT
    what is the difference and
    which one should I choose or confess to have is one more dignified?
    are they the same
    is it a version of XP

ANOTHER QUESTION IS IT POSSIBLE TO NOT HAVE AN ADIMISTRATOR SETTING
    ONE MORE: WHY DO MY FILES TURN BLUE IS IT ME?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: THIS QUESTION IS SO REDICULOUS ONLY I WOULD ASK
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
    I think, Wikipedia explains it very well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT
    Windows NT is a family of operating systems produced by Microsoft, the first version of which was released in July 1993. It was originally designed to be a powerful high-level-language-based, processor-independent, multiprocessing, multiuser operating system with features comparable to Unix. It was intended to complement consumer versions of Windows that were based on MS-DOS. NT was the first fully 32-bit version of Windows, whereas its consumer-oriented counterparts, Windows 3.1x and Windows 9x, were 16-bit/32-bit hybrids. Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Home Server, and Windows Server 2008 are based upon the Windows NT system, although they are not branded as Windows NT.

So, in your case, you should always say, you have Windows XP.

As for blue colored files, they are compressed files.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:35:36 AM »
    As for blue colored files, they are compressed files.

RUBY02

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
      thank you so much for you info.  okay technology changes faster and a worm on a trojan virus. but what is the difference in the different models besides the date of manufacture, why so many NT's what makes them different. one fuel injected the other turbo. is it the language,  i can understand the difference in computers being based on a different program such as dos. 
      i can understand windows XP home addition may not have some software  the XP professional would have
      but the versions?

the term "server" is it a stand alone computer that is connected to other computers that is equipped with software to store files and such.  can a server be in your office, or is a server the same as your internet provider.

also the files that are blue are compressed because i believe they mutated.  i have see where you can set the compression on C:\ i changed that after i read your response. also, the file options i know how to set the compression. but it seems the mutated ones compress on their own.
      also when i changed the compression the disk space did not change.
      can you compress files you use othen?

i have the same files if you press
      my computer
      C drive  there is files
      then if you press programs the same files why? does that not take up memory?
      the my document folder shortcut on my desktop is different than the one in document\settings\.
      when i install a program the program installs where it pleases some in the all user documents some in my documents, some in C:\, and some in C:\programs why?
      the shortcut files on my programs start some are yellow or have a nice picture and the others have a folder with icons {mostly the accessory folders.

thank you so much for you time and effort  many bytes of appreciation
      ruby