Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having Display Problems! Please Help !!  (Read 3385 times)

kajun_man_985

Having Display Problems! Please Help !!
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »
 just got a bran new HP computer. Payed top price (over $2000) I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Card and an HP w2007 Wide Screen Flat Panel Monitor, with 1680x1050 Resolution. Well all of my text is very small (I know how to fix that, but it shouldn't be a default setting), and All of my Pictures/Images are slightly fuzzy/Blury, and I don't know how to fix that, and I don't know why it's like that!

I had another computer before this one(A Dell Inspiron530) with a 22 inch widescreen flat panel monitor with even higher resolution than this one, but it had an integrated vidoe card, and the images were crystal clear, and the text and icons were normal size.

When I go to NVIDIA Control Panel, there are several "Adjust Color Settings" and the Image Sharpening setting is set all the way at the bottom, and that is the only one that I can not change, but it appears as if that is the setting that I need to change.

Does anyone know why this is like this, or how can I fix it?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Having Display Problems! Please Help !!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

Try adjusting the resolutions by Right Clicking the Desktop, going to Properties and clicking the Settings tab.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »
For best results, you should set your video card's resolution to the native resolution of the monitor.

donkeypunch

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
    The higher the resolution the smaller things will get on your screen. You can increase DPI but some apps won't look right. You should definitely set your video card to you monitors native resolution, which is 1680 x 1050 / 60 Hz.

If you hold control and scroll your mouse you should be able to make your icons bigger on your desktop. You can also use your monitor to adjust the sharpness level. Its actually preferred to use your monitor to make color adjustments rather than the video card. Good luck.

paudashlake

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:57:17 AM »
    You could try to contact Nvidia.  I have Nvidia and it doesn't have shared memory, but everything is perfect.

or change resolution.