Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems installing nvidia motherboard drivers  (Read 4063 times)

thehelp

Problems installing nvidia motherboard drivers
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
For a while now whenever I try to install my motherboard drivers (Nvidia 590 SLI AMD). I get a message stating I have drivers installed and need to remove them to complete the install. I went to Add/Remove Programs, and only my nvidia video drivers were there. Is there some place that i should look for them or any other program that may be stopping the install from happening?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Problems installing nvidia motherboard drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »
I believe, if you start installing new drivers, it'll ask you, if you want to remove old ones.

donkeypunch

Greenhorn

Re: Problems installing nvidia motherboard drivers
    « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
    When you go to add/remove programs click on the nvidia driver. Then it will ask you what you want to uninstall, the motherboard driver, display driver, etc. Choose to uninstall motherboard driver then reboot in safe mode.Get driver cleaner pro, its free. Run it in safe mode. Select nvidia chipset, nvidia wdm, and nvidia stereo from the list, it will uninstall left behind registry entries from the old install. Reboot again and install your new board drivers.