Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: speaker problem  (Read 2045 times)

HBUgl214

Topic Starter

Starter

speaker problem
    « on: June 26, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
    I have speakers for my computers, and I bought new ones because I thought they were not working.  When I go to the audio/sounds on my control panel like the help asked me to, it is gray and I cannot click on it.  I have no sound!!!!!  Help me!

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: speaker problem
      « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
      Right click on my computer select properties then click the hardware tab then click on device manger an go to where it says sounds an see if theres a yellow, if so your audio drivers probably arent in.  Check this first.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

HBUgl214

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »
        There was nothing yellow.  Everything looked fine there. 

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
          Check the speaker icon in the task bar near the clock to make sure the level isnt low.  Had these been previously working?
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

HBUgl214

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
            I do not have a speaker icon in the task bar.  These are brand new speakers that I bought because I could not get my other ones to work.  When I go to the hardware box on the audio/sound device in the control panel it says there is nothing there.  I checked all the wires and made sure they were plugged in correctly and all that stuff.  I am very frustrated!!!!!   :'(

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
              You did install the driver right?  :-X

homer

Expert
                « Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »
                a couple things that need answering...

1. did your sound ever work on this computer?
                2. do you have a dedicated sound card or is your sound integrated on your motherboard?
                3. are your speakers hooked up correctly?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
                  Question three was answered but thanks.