Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing User Account  (Read 2574 times)

Prentitious

Topic Starter

Rookie

Changing User Account
    « on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:02 AM »
    I recently found out that in Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts it is possible to change the name of your account. However, doesn't this have implications where your shortcuts links etc, will be non-functioning as many will redirect to a user that doesn't exist (because the directory has changed)

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\John\Startup Menu will be changed to C:\Documents and Settings\IlikePinkPonies\Startup Menu and would cause all shortcuts to subsequently fail.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

Prentitious

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Changing User Account
      « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:11:12 AM »
      That has got nothing to do with what I'm talking about. That's talking about logging off an account and logging onto another.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Changing User Account
        « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:58:16 AM »
        It shouldnt unless if it like application.  The only way is to try using a dumby account.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres