Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office Outlook  (Read 2378 times)

Razor

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
MS Office Outlook
« on: June 28, 2008, 03:26:50 AM »
Hi All,

Me again. This problems been bugging me for ages so having sorted out most of my issues I decided to tackle this one.

I'm running Windows XP SP2. With MS Office Outlook when I close it, it will not open again unless I restart (Problem 1) Problem 2 is taht when I restart or shutdown my computer it always comes up with a box saying "could not shutdown Outlook" then the options End Now, or cancel. So If I select shutdown my computer then walk away and forget about it the shutdown process becomes stuck on that one part waiting for me to click end now.

Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem? I have tried closing out of outlook before I shut down but it doesn't seem to close properly (Maybe why I can't get it open again) and still comes up with the End Now or cancel screen.

Thanks
Razor
A lesson with power: "I moved the red psu switch from 240v to 110v then it went poof!"

Razor

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: MS Office Outlook
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »
Right ho. The situation has been resolved but I will tell you how it happend for future reference.

In the process of cleaning up my computer I deleted Winfax Pro, which I now believe was causing the original problem. I deleted Winfax Pro as part of geting anything assosiated wtih Norton and symantec off my system. After I had done all this and I started outlook A box came up saying: 'The add in DCCEXT32.DLL could not be installed or reloaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair from the help menu.'

After this came up I thought I'd restart to seee if it would clear the problem - it didn't, but I noticed that I did not have that annoying screen coming up saying that it could not shutdown. Then I googled DCCEXT32.DLL and found the following site, followed its instructions, and bingo! All my outlook problems solved.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236136

Hope this is a help for anyone with similar problems.
A lesson with power: "I moved the red psu switch from 240v to 110v then it went poof!"