Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with Outlook Email System - Please advise???  (Read 2686 times)

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

Help with Outlook Email System - Please advise???
    « on: June 26, 2008, 05:53:21 AM »
    Hi thanks for reading,

Basically I have an email system (Microsoft Outlook 95-01) where I receive a lot of emails for my company into one email inbox, I then manually go through the emails and put them into sub folders depending on which campaign (around 10 subfolders) candidates are interested in (this is not a problem as I have to sift out Junk and I do not mind doing this).
    Then at the end of the day I have to reply to each individual email in each subfolder with text with links to word documents.  I also change the from field and the subject heading line.  I then do exactly the same for the next email and so on until I have finished in that sub folder. 
    I then move onto the next company sub folder add in the text and links specific to that campaign then change the from field and the subject heading line, as before.  So basically doing the same thing with a different version of text each time.  I then have to do this for all the subfolders!! Takes ages!!!!

This was fine to begin with as I only had a few campaigns and emails coming in but now this has increased and am now spending way too much time doing admin and was just wondering if there was an easier way of doing this?  I have looked into a software package called send personally, do you think this will work?

http://www.office-outlook.com/outlook-addins/send-personally.html

Any help would be much appreciated as I am clueless! ???

Thanks again

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Help with Outlook Email System - Please advise???
      « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:06:20 AM »
      No clues anyone???  :-*

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27:53 AM »
      I think the best way would be to get/hire a person to help you do them.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 05:39:58 AM »
      Basically I have an email system (Microsoft Outlook 95-01)
      I have no clue what Microsoft Outlook 95-01 means.  What version of Outlook do you have? 95-01 is not a version.   ::)

Then at the end of the day I have to reply to each individual email in each subfolder with text with links to word documents.
      I can't make sense of this.  Are you talking about a Mail Merge procedure, using Word?  Are you attaching a Word file to the e-mail?   ???

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 05:52:49 AM »
        Microsoft Outlook 2002 is the version!

Basically at the end of each day I have to reply to each mail individually, the email is just text with a link to word documents. say one subfolder has 10 emails and all these emails are exactly the same. I then have to reply to the emails in the next sub folder exactly the same format except slightly different changes to the text and a different link. Then again repeat for the next campaign (sub folder) and so on.....  Very laborious!!

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »
        ..., the email is just text with a link to word documents. .
        Again: Are you talking about a Mail Merge procedure, using Word?  Are you attaching a Word file to the e-mail?

If you are not attaching the Word document, what good is a link to a Word document? 

Edit: Do you mean that you're extracting text from a Word file to insert into the body of the e-mail message?  If so, is that not the Mail Merge procedure?  If not, exactly what procedure, STEP-BY-STEP, is it?  How do you create this "link"?

JIMMYP503

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »
          Sorry for the confusion, I dont think this is a mail merger!  There is also no attachment, attached to the emails, but there is a link within the word text, this link is created using an upload tool!!  Which basically puts the word document onto our server!  That is how we create the link bascially turning a word dicument into a url document!  We usually change the link per differing set of target email groups.  I hope this makes sense?  Thanks for all your help trying to get to the bottom of this!

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:52:56 AM »
          I hope this makes sense? 
          Well, I have to say it doesn't make sense to me.  I surmise that someone else in your office originally set up this procedure.  I think your best approach here would be to work with them, if possible.

If anyone else in the forum has any comments, please post.  As for myself, I don't think I'll have any more input on this.