Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help picking out a new motherboard.  (Read 2419 times)

McPimp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Help picking out a new motherboard.
    « on: July 02, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »
    Well long story short, my uncle built me a computer with the specs as such

> Motherboard - ASUS A8V-VM SE
    > Processor - AMD 4200 X2 Dual Core
    > Video Card - PNY Nvidia 7300GT
    > Memory - 1GB PQI PC3200 Turbo Memory

I went ahead and bought a 9600 GT to replace the video card, and another gb of ram to add to the 1 stick of 1gb ram. The problem is, apparently this motherboard throttles back the power once the CPU gets too hot, and apparently the temp is set pretty low so it makes it impossible to play any game from about 2000 onward without some major lag.

So, I was hoping somebody could help me pick out a new motherboard that will be compatible with the parts I've listed. I'm looking for something under $100 is possible (I'm already in the hole from buying the new parts)

Also, I've installed a lot of parts in my own computer before so I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff, but I've never completely replaced a motherboard before, so any tips, or websites that'll help me out would be appreciated.

Thanks

Let me know if you need any more information because I could find it for you.

McPimp

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Help picking out a new motherboard.
      « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
      Here's a picture of my computer specs if that helps.

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm368/Johnny_Tremane/Computer.jpg

I'd be willing to settle for 240 pin memory if that's all I can get, but since I already have all this extra ram, a 184 pin would be nice.