Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my CD-ROM drive isnt automatically running my game  (Read 3175 times)

Colin S.

my CD-ROM drive isnt automatically running my game
« on: April 24, 2004, 01:25:25 AM »
Whenever I insert a game disc it is supposed to bring up a screen that gives me the option to install the game. It hasn't been doing that as of late. Every time I put my game, Day of Defeat, in the E: drive, I hear the drive loading, but then instead of bringing up the AUTORUN screen, it just stops loading. I have to go into My Computer and then go to E: drive to make sure the computer read the disc. It always does read the disc, when I open the file that is labled Day Of Defeat ( E: ) it takes me to a screen with the option to setup Day Of Defeat. When I click setup, the E: drive starts loading again. After that, it just stops and locks up. I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and it says the program is not responding. Anyone know how I can get this game working?

merlin

Re: my CD-ROM drive isnt automatically running my
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 02:06:28 PM »
is this winxp if so try this control panel/administrative tools/services/shell hardware detection/return this service to automatic. then type
start/run/regedit
and then search for this string
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Services\Cdrom
AutoRun = 1