Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash problem?  (Read 3315 times)

morganf1213

Flash problem?
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure exactly what is wrong. I think it may have something to do with Flashplayer, but there's a good chance it's something else. On the Youtube player the red duration meter extends across the entire player, covering the "play" button and the volume slider. It is the bright "fully loaded" red. I have no idea what caused this. The bizarre thing, however, is that a similar issue began around the same time which has nothing to do with the internet. When I enter my login password (for XP), the characters began being displayed as vertical lines instead of circles. This in itself doesn't bother me, but it is strange. Also, certain windows don't display text on buttons. For example, in the box that I enter my password in to access my external hard drive, the buttons which say "hint" and "enter" are blank.

These issues all began around (exactly?) the same time, so I think they are related, but that the problem is manifesting itself in such different ways is confounding me.

Thanks for the help.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Flash problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:07 AM »
Im not sure what it could be, but I dont think it is flash. Did you try downloading the latest flash player to make sure?