Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Recommand Mode 1280x1024" ????  (Read 6777 times)

wurich2355

Topic Starter

Starter

"Recommand Mode 1280x1024" ????
    « on: July 09, 2008, 03:55:13 AM »
    i have a compaq presario pc and windows vista on it, and a flat screen monitor that is not part of the compaq tower, it is a diff screen and diff tower, when i first bought the computer i was having a problem starting windows up normaly,.. everything was connected right, double chekced everything, and when i use 2 start the computer, the only thing i would see when i start it is the loading bar on the bottom and below that says microsoft windows corp etc etc.. and then after it would load that the screen would just turn blank and a blue/grey box will pop up and say "recommand mode 1280x1024" the blue/grey box would stay up for about 5 seconds and then the screen turns black after.. i can hear the computer turn on regulary through the speakers but thru the screen it wont show.. so i called how 2 fix it, and they showed me how ,this was about a year and half ago, and i got it fixed but recently about a week ago. i had the same thing happen again, but i have a good feeling of what it was. and about every other week or so when the computer would start up a  "HP UPDATE" asked if i wanted 2 update the computer, i always clicked "LATER" and after that it was fine , just last week i clicked "INSTALL" to see wat will really happen with the updates and while the updates were loading half ways through the screen turn black and said "Recommand mode 1280x1024" so the problem happened again, im guessing the "HP UPDATE" updated drivers on my computer or somthing and pretty much reseted the settings i had from before when i had the problem fixed , the only way i can start my computer with the scree showing is "SAFE MODE" , how can i start windows up normaly with the screen showing normal. i know its nothing wit the screen cuz its working perfectly fine right now just when windows starts normaly it will always bring up the blue/grey box , & in safe mode, starts up perfectly. if n e one can please help me out, & if they know n e thing about the HP UPDATES and how 2 uninstall the updates or how 2 change the setting back 2 how i had it on i first had the problem fixd. really appreciate this..thanx

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "Recommand Mode 1280x1024" ????
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:19:44 AM »
    It's the monitor. The presario supports a higher screen resolution (the new one my brother got just yesterday says the same message about 1440x900). However- in this case the video resolution is being set to high. Whenever the updates occur, the resolution is possibly forced back to 1440x900 (or some other incompatible value).

It's a bit of a workaround, but whenever this happens, you should be able to boot into safe mode and change the video resolution back to 1280x1024, and then reboot.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

wurich2355

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:28 AM »
      It's the monitor. The presario supports a higher screen resolution (the new one my brother got just yesterday says the same message about 1440x900). However- in this case the video resolution is being set to high. Whenever the updates occur, the resolution is possibly forced back to 1440x900 (or some other incompatible value).

It's a bit of a workaround, but whenever this happens, you should be able to boot into safe mode and change the video resolution back to 1280x1024, and then reboot.

ohh ok i see, well i am in safe mode wit networking so i can go on line still but cant do other things, i right clicked the screen , went 2 "personalize"  then clicked on "display settings" changed the settings to1280x1024 and clicked apply and then i restarted the computer regularly and let windows start up normaly and it shows the same screen "OVER SIZE RECOMMAND MODE 1280X1024" ... am i suppose to change the display higher? or lower?

wurich2355

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:26:25 PM »
        n e one with more info on this, ??? that can help me out please? will really appreciate it! Thank you!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:50 AM »
        try setting the resolution to something like 640x480, that should at least allow you to boot normally.

wurich2355

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »
          try setting the resolution to something like 640x480, that should at least allow you to boot normally.

the only option i have is 800x600 (highest 32 bit) .. illl try it n e way but im not sure if it will work

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »

the only option i have is 800x600 (highest 32 bit) .. illl try it n e way but im not sure if it will work

yeah, my bad, forgot 800x600x16-bit was the minimum.