Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is there "OFFICE12" folder inside Office 2003 installation location  (Read 21298 times)

pman

Topic Starter

Rookie
    I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, so if it needs to be redirected, let me know.

If you are using Office 2003, you will see that there is a folder named "OFFICE11" in your installation location. For example, in my case it would be:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office

There is no folder named "OFFICE12" in there. But I've seen some computers where the user has Office 2003 installed, but along with "OFFICE11" folder, there is also folder named "OFFICE12" in there.

I couldn't find out why that folder is in there. Could anyone explain?

Deerpark

Egghead
      My best guess would be that the users must have installed something belonging to the 2007 version of Office.
      What files do the OFFICE12 folder contain?
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mastamind

Rookie

OFFICE12 folder is related to Office 2007.  There are probably install files in there.  Also probably has something to do with the compatibility pack for office 2003 to read office 2007 files, if you have that installed

!~*:.Pink Floyd.:*~!

There important programs for office 2003

DO not DELETE!

AlanF

The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack installs the folder "Office12". This allows those with Office 2003 products to view files in Office 2007 format. This is a very useful, and free, software update. It may be found at:
        http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        It's a 3 Year old Topic...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

I bet it's Billrich gearing up for his next attack...

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        I bet it's Billrich gearing up for his next attack...

See Here...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "