Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS Flashes and settings got changed automatically after installing a driver  (Read 7015 times)

balaji_goli

Hi Everybody,
                    I do have a Compaq Presario C505TU Laptop with the following specifications:

Intel Dual Core,2GB RAM,160 GB HDD.

My Laptop is running on Dual Operating System:

D-Drive: Windows Server 2003 (Oracle11i E-Business Suite software)
E-Drive: WindowsXP        (For General Purpose).

Thing is like after Installing this 2 Operating Systems,i have installed Audio and Video  drivers successfully.
                 Since i had no accurate drivers for installing WLAN drivers, i called up to HP Tech Support and i had an Online Chat with the tech person.The tech guy has given some 2 drivers,which i had installed and later the second driver which is for the BIOS update.The tech guy said i need to install this BIOS update driver.I had confirmed and reconfirmed  whether there is any data loss in my laptop.The guy said there won't be any loss and told to install the driver.Once i installed the BIOS UPDATE driver ,the driver has flashed my BIOS and totally messed up my laptop.Later the next day i had chatted again with another tech guy and they said that is the wrong driver and the new guy has suggest the appropiate driver for my laptop.It was really disgusting since i couldn't log on to my Windows and do my job.

So, i need some help in this issue.How can restore my BIOS settings back to normal and keep my laptop running Windows.

So, when i started booting up my system with the BOOTABLE XP CD,its booting up and later it throws an error message "Your HDD are not detected,check if it is properly connected or not".Please help me in this regard if any one can sort out this and make my laptop work to its Normal stage.

Thanks all,
Balaji Goli

e-mail addys removed to prevent SPAM
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 06:59:31 AM by patio »

alan1000

Rookie

Hi Balaji,

It sounds as though your computer is at least booting, so as it boots, watch the screen carefully, and see which key you must press to enter BIOS.  Once you've entered BIOS you should look for an option to restore the default settings (or words to that effect).  If you can find it, click on it, save and exit, and reboot.

Then if you still have problems, you will at least know that it isn't your BIOS which is at fault.