Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sata driver - ACER M1641 desktop PC  (Read 111851 times)

zaimanc

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Sata driver - ACER M1641 desktop PC
    « on: July 25, 2008, 06:06:12 AM »
    I have recently purchase an Acer Aspire M1641 desktop computer came with  operation system.  I had tried to upgrade to Windows XP Pro but just could not find Windows XP's Sata Driver from Acer worldwire web site, do any member here had the said driver or where can I download from, thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sata driver - ACER M1641 desktop PC
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
    You can look up  the motherboard in your case. Acer is notorious for installing other mfr's motherboards in their cases. If you can get the MB model and Rev off the silkscreen or if you can find the controller chip itself, you can search for the driver needed. Trying to find a driver for your model could also be a headache if more than one motherboard was used for a production line and a Rev A system with same model number is far different than say a Rev B systems MB.

Also FYI.. Opening the case could void the warranty, so do at your own risk.!

Mad-Max

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
    Zaimanc. I just purchased the same machine and  I am having a hard time installing xp on it....how in the *censored* did you manage to install xp. I partioned and copied all the windows files..blah blah...and then i pluged that drive in to the acer macine and booted up but i end up getting the blue screen of death.....I can't get past that....Please help me with this... I really need to get this piece of crap runnin. Thanks

binjai

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:33:32 AM »
      bros. ur in luck...

ok here's the drivers for download... (updated 5 sept. 2009)

http://rapidshare.com/files/180283820/m1641_sata_and_ethernet_controller_winxp.rar
      http://rapidshare.com/files/180280536/acer_audio_winxp.rar
      http://rapidshare.com/files/180263114/acer_chipset_winxp.rar
      http://rapidshare.com/files/180272950/acer_vga_winxp.rar

1. integrate the sata raid driver into any winxp image (m using winxp sp2) using nlite (use text mode driver type) & burn the image into a cd using the driver in this archive m1641_sata_and_ethernet_controller_winx p.rar

2. install winxp as u would normally

3. install display driver using this acer_vga_winxp.rar (of course after extracting this file)

4. install lan driver from this archive m1641_sataraid_driver_and_ethernet_cont roller_winxp.rar

5. install mobo chipset driver. get it from acer_chipset_winxp.rar. make sure to unselect display & nvidia storage driver as we have already installed the display in the 1st place, storage driver i dont use the raid controller anyway.

6. finally the audio driver in this archive acer_audio_winxp.rar

All drivers should install without any problems, after which you should have a working winxp os in this "vista certified" desktop. good luck

cheers  ;)
      « Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:55:54 AM by binjai »

Robert2

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:19:29 AM »
      Hey guys. I also recently purchased an ACER 1641. It has this 60 days office free trial. Vista is so confusing i forgot how to get to the product number for the free trial. Can you help please?

Also, it has a modem and i have a phone, and i have an internet card. Problem is i cannot find the dial-up network so i can connect to the internet. Vista is so confusing. help please?

You will notice that i dont know much about computers so give me a break. ok?  Thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 03:04:08 AM »
      Robert, Please start your own Topic Here:
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=16.0

Also, please look here before posting:
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

This topic has been revived one too many times. I'm locking it.

freeforall

• *Bugmenot user*

• Beginner

• Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »
        Hi !

Can you update your links :)

Thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 03:00:22 AM »
        Hi !

Can you update your links :)

Thanks

Mr. Binjai hasn't been online since, so I doubt those links will be updated.

You may want to consider starting a new topic.

specb

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 04:26:23 PM »
          I have discovered the previously unknown model of the motherboard in this system. I have searched and searched and could not find it anywhere.  With the actual model of the motherboard you can get supported drivers right from the manufacturer, the same way you could if you purchased a standard motherboard like asus or gigabyte.

I have determined this motherboard (at least my acer a1641-e1712a) is a MICROSTAR board. A link to a board with compatable drivers can be found http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1499&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=2 .

The board is a MSI board using their mainboard search. My criteria went as follows...

Mainboard -> Intel Platform -> Socket 775 Chip ->  Nvidia Chipset -> Nvidia MCP73 Chipset

That narrows your down to 8 or so mainboards, all of which use the same sata,audio and onboard video. My above link http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1499&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=2 will take you to a board where you can get SATA, AUDIO and VIDEO DRIVERS.

Hope this helps guys!

ps. it worked for me using the SATARAID (not SATAIDE) drivers they have on that link, to slipstream into winxp using nLite.

I now have windows XP installed.

Cheers !

specb

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »
            Id also like to add, that  after loading SATARAID drivers not the SATAIDE drivers, I would still get BSOD during the attempted install of winxp pro. This is because the ACHI compliance also extended to the SATA DVDBURNER (DOH!) that I was trying to install off of. The soloution was to install a IDE cdrom and Install windows off of that.

Hope that clears up any issues.

Jason

klah

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 06:13:50 AM »
            Download Bios
            For M1640
            http://filefactory.com/file/627120/n/R01-A3L_zip R01-A3L.zip
            AND
            M1641
            http://203.150.225.245/UpAndDownLoad%201/PC/Bios/Aspire%20M5640/R01-A3S4.zip

1. Download file for u pc and extract to fdd or flash drive
            2. Boot PC To Dos and goto fdd or flash drive
            3. Run DFB.BAT from u drive wait to flash successfull
            4. reboot u pc and goto bios load optimize and save to exit
            5. enjoy

You can safely ignore this unsafe advice...a BIOS flash is never a good idea when the issue is a misssing Driver.

patio.
            « Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:12:03 AM by patio »

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »
            In situations like that, you can use device drivers search tools out there, or just go to driver directories. And who could ever forget our friend, google?  But the most effective of all, contact the customer support of Acer, the manufacturer itself, for the latest driver. I'm pretty sure they have it, you just probably need assistance finding it from their website. That way, you'll be more assured that the driver you're downloading is clean, legitimate, and compatible. You see, there's plenty of options. :)

binjai

Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »
              hi yall... dont whack me 4 reviving an ole thread ya   ;D

new location for drivers download... (updated dec. 2010), filesize ~ 179mb
              the old rs location got wiped out duhhh...

http://www.fileserve.com/file/gNzfKVD

1. unrar m1641_winxp_drivers.rar, you should have these subfolders
                 |- audio
                 |- chipset
                 |- ethernet
                 |- sata
                 |- sataraid
                 |- vga

2. integrate the sata raid driver into any winxp image (used winxp sp2)
                 using nlite (use text mode driver type) & burn the image into a cd
                 using the driver in this folder \sataraid

3. install winxp as u would normally, if any bsod u're outta luck. retry
                 step 2, but this time with driver from folder \sata. if still bsod,
                 sorry can't help u there

4. install display driver from this folder \vga

5. install lan driver from this folder \ethernet

6. install mobo chipset driver. get it from folder \chipset
                 unselect display & nvidia storage driver as we have already
                 installed the display in the 1st place, i dont use the raid
                 controller anyway.

7. finally the audio driver in this folder audio

These files I've recompiled from my old archive, and put 'em in individual
              folders. Instructions have been updated a bit. All drivers should install
              without any problems, after which you should have a working winxp os in this
              "vista certified" desktop. Should these instructions not work out fine, drop
              a line here... I might be able to help, but don't count on it ya... no m1641
              machine already. good luck anyway