Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Spooler error  (Read 4974 times)

seven

Spooler error
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:26:58 PM »
I don't exactly know where I should put this but I'll try here...I have an error message that keeps popping up.I don't know where its coming from or how to fix it,if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.This is what pops up(Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.1.2600.2696, faulting module LMPRINT.DLL, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00005e54. ) Thanks for reading and hopefully any help.I have windows xp.
                                                  Seven

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Spooler error
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:26:46 PM »
    It could be a problem with your printer driver OR it could be a virus.

Try reinstalling your printer software and check out this link:

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/spoolsv.exe.html
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

uisquebeathus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:40:31 AM »
    are you possible using norton antivirus, there used to be a problem with the antivirus checking the data caused a delay in the print cycle and spooler errors, there are instructions for the fault at the symantec web site

seven

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:17:30 AM »
    ok tryed all and i uninstalled my printer -ok after uninstall i go to device manager-under ports-i have ECP PRINTERPORT(LPT1)-under this driver details-C:\windows\system32\drivers\parport.sys-----while i am in the device manager i uninstall this port and after a bit it returns to my my device manager.i dont have a printer hooked up to my pc and i still get the spooler error message ,it freezes up my games or what ever im doing.i can't seem to get rid of anything to do with a printer.would app.any help.tksSeven

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 05:32:25 AM »
    The Topic is 4 Years old...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "