Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows needs to configure office 2000 programs every time I use it  (Read 4454 times)

bechap

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    My computer crashed 3-4 weeks ago. It was restored to a "Windows XP Professional" operating system. Since re-installing my "office 2000 premium"
    I find that every time I go to use Word, Excel, or any progam in office, A window comes up and says "please wait while windows configures Office 2000 premium. How can I get the Office program configured once and for all and rid myself of this error? I've already tried re-installing and repairing features from the original disk to no avail.
    BECHAP

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows needs to configure office 2000 programs every time I use it
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »
    I saw this on a server once, where if the user was not the admin, but instead a power user it would do it over an over again every time. After logging in as the Local Administrator of the system it wrote to the registry that it has been initialized and all was fine.

So do you know if you ar ethe Admin of the system or a lower tier power user etc?