Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Satalink Controller Card issues....  (Read 2429 times)

mike12166

Topic Starter

Satalink Controller Card issues....
    « on: July 25, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »
    I recently bought a Seagate SATA 3.5" Internal Hard drive with 500 G. As I was trying to hook it up in my computer, I noticed I didn't have a Sata card and so I went off and bought one.

I ordered a Silicon Image SATAlink 2-port SATA PCI controller Card from Geeks and put it into a open PCI slot in the back of my computer.  After I hooked everything up and installed the drivers and software, The computer couldn't read the card or Hard Drive. I looked at the Hardware list and it says the card wont start.  Like two days past and I tried again, this time it started and I began installing the hardrive. once I had it setup, I restarted my computer and found that it stopped reading the hard drive.

The Computer is a Dell Dimension 4100 and its currently running on Windows XP.

Seriously, Ive tried everything from Reinstalling the software and drivers to pulling to pulling out the card and making sure it is intact. What really confused me is when it worked once than started not working.

Please Help me!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Satalink Controller Card issues....
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
    Return the card for a replacement...you may have gotten a bad one.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mike12166

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »
      Ok so I did this, and they sent me a new one. same issue occurs. It continues to tell me it cannot start. By now I dont understand what is wrong, anymore suggestions?

EDIT- Thanks for the help, I figured what was wrong. My stupidity blocked my brain and the card was not pushed totally into the slot. My bad.
      « Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:54:01 PM by mike12166 »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »
      Good to hear you solved it...stop by anytime !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "