Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How setup Thomson router  (Read 18458 times)

Bernee

Topic Starter

Rookie

How setup Thomson router
    « on: July 27, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »
    I just bought a Thomson router model TG 585 v7 (residential wireless) and tried to setup through the CD but it does not work. Also, I tried to setup using manual installation but still it does not work. I cannot connect to the internet. I check the internet connectivity test and it says "disconnected by user" or similar words to that effect. I reset many times and started all over again the setup but still I cannot connect to the internet. Can somebody please help me in setting up this Thomson router? Maybe I miss something during the setup or my configuration values are incorrect? Thank you very much.

holdx

Re: How setup Thomson router
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:07:52 AM »
    hey I had a same problem few months ago exactly the same and I found an answer.
    In my example it was a f... antivirus (nod 32) with a firewall so I just uninstalled that *censored* and that was it,
    so please check your anivirus (I'm not say it must be nod32, it might be any other antivirus with a firewall)
    good lack!

nmalobela

Re: How setup Thomson router
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:13:01 AM »
    I just bought a Thomson router model TG 585 v7 (residential wireless) and tried to setup through the CD but it does not work. Also, I tried to setup using manual installation but still it does not work. I cannot connect to the internet. I check the internet connectivity test and it says "disconnected by user" or similar words to that effect. I reset many times and started all over again the setup but still I cannot connect to the internet. Can somebody please help me in setting up this Thomson router? Maybe I miss something during the setup or my configuration values are incorrect? Thank you very much.