Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i have just installed XP PRO with install CD with product key but i cant connect to internet, t  (Read 8225 times)

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi, i have an IBM PC XP PRO 10GB 256MB, i bought a same CD install with 25did key, it istalls windows but cant connect to internet, NTL tech told me that i had to contact vendor for a network adaptor, they told me that my CD was no good only for business please can anyone tell me if this is correct coz i am baffled, cocane  rob

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Most likely, you need network card driver. Did the card come with the computer, or you installed it?
    Is "Network adapter" listed in Device Manager? Any errors there?

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi, thanks for speedy reply, before i put this install my pc broke down, so i got this cd to install and for future needs,i havent altered or touched the original network adaptor card  I just installed windows great then went to browse, no connection so tried the usual to connect no luck foned NTL they said look in device manager no NAdaptor, so they said download but i cudnt coz no connection, so they then said contact vendor which i did, lady on fone ask info like xp pro etc and told me the CD was for business inatallation and that they cudnt give a Network Adaptor, hope u can understand coz i am baffled especially as i have the product key etc, i bought on ebay and guy said it was for what i wanted... cocane Rob Net Adaptor

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Download, and install Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
      Open it, click Computer, then Summary.
      In upper menu, go Report>Quick Report-Summary
      Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
      Don't include anything under line Debug - PCI

What IBM model?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      cocane when you re-install Windows all your existing drivers are gone...
      Did you get a Driver CD with this machine ? ?
      If so re-install all the drivers starting with the MBoard drivers...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cocane

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi i cudnt open yur last reply, the only answer i need is vendor told me the XP PRO install CD with product key i have is for business use only: is this possible? cocane