Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not sure if this is th right place but..  (Read 3368 times)

Denzle

Topic Starter

Rookie
    not sure if this is th right place but..
    « on: July 26, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
    okay, my mother board is a MSI K8N Neo v2.0 H i tried using MSI's LiveUpdate thing to flash my BIOS there was an error during the Flashing and now my computer doesnt start. it gives me the option to put in a Floppy Disk but hat should be on this Floppy Disk to save my computer? the BIOS the old BIOS (which idk what my old bios was) or what? and as everything else for my computer i dont have the installation disk its with my bro in Japan. What do i do? Please Help. Thank You in advance.
    "i became insane over long intervals of horrible sanity"
                                                                     -Edgar Allen Poe

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: not sure if this is th right place but..
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »
    Why on earth were you flashing the BIOS ? ?
    You will need the original Driver CD for that MBoard...perhaps your Brother will ship it to you or MSI will send you one....
    Hope you've learned your lesson.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Toadbrooks

Rookie
    • Soldier, Paratrooper, & Jumpmaster
      Re: not sure if this is th right place but..
      « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »
      I'm assuming that when the BIOS flash died, it partially corrupted your BIOS, but left enough running that the floppy works. If this is not so, then my advice is worthless, however in that case, so is the advice of the previous respondent.

I suggest you go to another computer, login to the MSI site and look around for a non-live BIOS flash utility as well as a copy of whatever BIOS you should be using. There is no reason to believe that both the flash utility and the BIOS itself will not fit on a single floppy. (Most BIOSes are less than 512 K in size.)

Build a BOOT floppy, put the flash utility and the BIOS on it, reboot your system and sacrifice a virgin to the Computer Gods in hopes that everything will work. (Or send her to me.)

In the case of BIOSes, unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you have a problem which can only be fixed by reflashing the BIOS, you should never reflash the BIOS. All too often people who do this wind up buying a new motherboard. I hope things work out for you.

Toad
      There ain't no justice; there's just us.