Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updating Firefox on the network using a batch file  (Read 5539 times)

Robert Carter

Updating Firefox on the network using a batch file
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:05:13 PM »
I need help with making a batch file.  really what I need to know is how to tell it to find and run the uninstall file for mozilla firefox and then to find and run the install file for the update to 1.0.1  so that we can push out this update to the network.  I am new at this so please help me.

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    Re: Updating Firefox on the network using a batch
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:40:56 AM »
    What operating systems are used on the network?
    For each user account you can set some options (in Windows NT/2000/XP) on the domain controller. You simply make a bat that calls the uninstaller and then the installer (both will be probably on a network folder or on all the computers in the same location, for example c:\files).
    It is a problem if the user logs multiple times on the same computer before you delete the bat file.
    It can be installed with some Microsoft tools, but I don't know (shame on me  :-[ ) how to use those tools. I don't even know how they are named.