Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ghost Network boot disk - How to create New driver template  (Read 3050 times)

AndyCountry

Topic Starter

Rookie

Friends,

I am using Ghost 2002. I'm trying to make the bootdisk that will connect two computers in order to re-image.

The drivers I need are not native to this ver. of Ghost. Therefore I have to create a new driver template:

When I follow the interactive tutorial instructions, everything is fine except the fact that when I go to "Add" a new driver template (the point at which one imports their NIC driver(s) during this template creation process),  the Ghost program will NOT read the driver file from my HDD. As a matter of fact, my machine won't either, unless I open the driver folder in an Explorer window. Strange.

If.....IF........the Ghost program would only "see" the driver either from my HDD (WINNT/sytem32/drivers/cw10.sys) or from the install CD that came with the Dlink wireless NIC cards...

I'm using MS-DOS. Not PC-DOS for these boot disks.

Just in Case:

Win2kPro is running on 2 machines , 98SE on a third box.
    Dlink DWL-650 PCMCIA's
    I'm using the "802.11 Ad-Hoc" protocol.

nothlit

Intermediate

Re: Ghost Network boot disk - How to create New driver template
      « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
      What your missing is the driver. Your using the driver that Windows knows not what 'DOS' knows, try searching the manufactures website for a dos based driver and then adding that to your image. :)