Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor problem-too stretched out!  (Read 2105 times)

xlefreakcestchic

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Monitor problem-too stretched out!
    « on: August 02, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
    (Backround:I have an hp pavilion dv9000. I was trying to fix my monitor's display b/c it was too stretched out..I opened control panel, personalize, display settings, and played around with the 1 and 2 monitor thing and I think that screwed my monitor up somehow.)

Main Question: The monitor display on my screen is stretched past the edges of my monitor, in both directions. I can't see the icons on the left side of my screen. Because of this, I can't change the display settings because when I click on the display tab to maximize it, it maximizes off to the right side of my screen, past the edges of my monitor. I know it does that because when I minimize it using the tab it flies over from the right side.  So now I can't use internet, microsoft word, etc, because the tabs fly over to the right side of my screen past the edge. Is there any way I can fix this by pressing buttons on my keyboard or something? Or do you think theres another reason why the tabs are icons arent showing up, like maybe I clicked "hide tabs" by accident or something? Or is this a problem I have to call HP about?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Monitor problem-too stretched out!
    « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
    Did you try to change screen resolution?