Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gparted error during partition resize and unable to save details for bugreport  (Read 8263 times)

spacepirateking

Topic Starter

Hello,

For the last couple of months, I have been sporadically attempting to install Ubuntu in a separate partition from Windows Vista Ultimate on my Gateway laptop. My attempts have been thwarted, however, by my inexperience with the gparted partitioning tool. I have what I believe is the most recent version of it, but when shrinking the Windows partition it encounters an error and does not complete the Move/Resize operations that I would like it to (or any at all, for that matter). The error occurs when gparted is "growing" the partition.

The error message says that for help I should follow the directions on this site:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/larry/tips/save_details.htm

Unfortunately, I have had no luck saving the details to USB stick.

So my problem, basically, is two problems:  1.) I can't get gparted to work for me, and 2.) I can't save the details of gparted's attempt at partitioning the drive.

I apologize if there is already a topic similar to this; I searched, but did not find anything that could help me in the forum & faq's. If I left out anything important, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your help!