Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How Do I Use SecureEasySetup With A Laptop That Doesn't Have A Linksys Adapter?  (Read 2650 times)

Grant

I tried searching for this topic, but I'm not sure if I'm wording it right.

Anyhow, my laptop is usually connected to my roommate's wireless router with a cable, but whenever I leave my desk, I unplug the laptop and it automatically connects to the router through wi-fi... well, it USED to, anyway.

Since we're about to move in a few weeks, I didn't want to drill any more holes for cables so I hooked up a third computer with a Wireless-G USB adapter from Linksys. I used SecureEasySetup, which worked fine for the third computer, but whenever I tried to connect my laptop wirelessly, it couldn't find the old network, which was simply named "Linksys."

Now the available network is named "Linksys_SES_92372" or something like that. So, I tried to connect to it, but the password no longer works. (I'm certain I'm using the right password... when I set it the first place, I printed it and copied it and tacked it to two different walls in the house so I would NEVER forget it. There's no way this is a password problem.)

I heard you can connect a computer with SecureEasySetup even if the computer doesn't have a Linksys adapter. Well, uh, how do I do that... or is that even the best option?