Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003, edit subject on received emails?  (Read 11681 times)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Outlook 2003, edit subject on received emails?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:11 AM »
Quite late? A year and a half late.

LottieB

Greenhorn

Re: Outlook 2003, edit subject on received emails?
    « Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 07:40:27 AM »
    i know its quite late for a reply or an answer for your question..
    however, if you change the subject field frequently, then here is your best bet to do this rather than opening every other email, change, close and save:
    Go to View, Arrange by - current view, customize current view - other settings, ENABLE the option called: Allow in-cell editing.

navyn.

Better late than not at all.   ;)
    I remembered setting this option years ago and couldn't remember how I'd found the setting - thank you Navyn for reminding me! 

As for all those that can't understand why you'd need to use the facility - I'm with the OP on this one. 
    It's an obvious need for a business user.  There are too many people out there that either don't bother to put a subject, or write something completely meaningless - for example, one company I work for insists on putting "IT course" for every single time she wants to book me to run a course!   So i end up editing the subject with the date of the proposed course along with the Application to be trained.

Simplz :)