Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am buying a new computer, curious about getting rid of memory on old...  (Read 2683 times)

Hollyh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I am going to buy a new computer tomorrow. I want to wipe off what I have done on the computer up to this point---in case I want to donate the old one or sell it, What do I need to do? Can I restore it to it's original factory condition and do this? I have some digital photos-that I want to transfer to my new computer---can I save it on a flash drive and transfer it from there? I get the reply that I need to enable Java script, I go in and change my security settings and it still won't let me do what I want--should I just go ahead and update to Windows Vista, or could it be a prob with my ISP? Thank you for any and all replies....

xavier

Use the old drive as a slave on your new pc

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    I keep all of my hard drives...even when i donate machines i usually put a new drive and OS on them.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Hollyh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Should I wipe out my memory if I want to sell or donate? Thank you for all replies...

Dias de verano

Should I wipe out my memory if I want to sell or donate? Thank you for all replies...

Don't write "memory" when you mean "hard drive". They are different things.

1. Memory

2. Hard drive